Week Beginning 17.06.19

We have had an incredibly busy week preparing for our final performance of ”There’s a Sunflower in my Supper” to our parents  yesterday so not many photos!

P3D Show

Thank you to everyone who managed to come and watch our show on Thursday. We have had so much fun learning our lines, finalising our acting and practising to perform for you all. All the children were amazing and made me very proud! The children who had chosen to play the smaller parts were excellent in following the script in order to play musical instruments at the correct time and did well coming on and off of the stage at the correct times. The Narrators had loud, clear voices and the cows all memorised their lines well and remembered to face the audience! Fantastic work 3D, well done again 🙂

Topic – Inheritance

We have been learning about how characteristics can be passed down through plants, animals and people. We completed a sheet where we could see the characteristics of a great grandparent, the grandparent and the parent and we had to find the common characteristics to see what was going to be likely for their children. This was quite a tricky job but we managed well! We will be continuing to learn about this next week with a bigger focus on animals and ourselves!

Maths

The Pentagons and Squares have been learning about the angles relating to the points of a compass and also how to find a fraction of a number/quantity. We created our own compass to help us work out questions and angles. The Triangles and Semi-circles have been learning about coordinates and remember to first go, “along the corridor” and then “up the stairs.”

Spelling

We have not had our final week of homework home. There will be no more reading books going home either, the last of the books will be collected in today (Friday 21.06.19). We will have our final spelling test on Monday with the words that are currently home for homework. We have worked hard on our spelling this year and I definitely see improvements in all children.  If we have corrections, we write our each correction 3 times in our jotters to try and remember the correct spelling. (photos courtesy of children..)

Mrs Johnstone

We have been busy making a surprise flower and acrostic poem for Mrs Johnstone’s farewell next week. We had to write a message or draw a picture on a petal to add to our class flower and she will receive a flower from each class in the Blue Unit. (more photos courtesy of children..)

One thought on “Week Beginning 17.06.19”

1. The show was wonderful….what a lot of hard work and effort you all put in. The acting and singing was superb and I’m glad I learned the songs 🤪The costumes were fab, a lot of time clearly went into them.

Yippee….no more homework for a wee while! I didint realise the words in homework jotters were corrections! Good to hear the spelling has improved over the year.

Not long till the holidays now Miss D. I will miss your blogs👍🏻