Week beginning 24.06.19

Inheritance

We all brought in a photo to look at of our parents to see what we inherited and what we got by chance when we were born – Grace

To see if your Dad or Mum have passed on something to you, we brought in photos – Rebecca

You can’t see that someone has inherited their blood type from their parents – Jamie

For homework we brought in pictures of our Mum and Dad and in Circle Time we looked at the pictures to spot anything we’ve inherited from our parents – Lola

You can inherit your nose shape and eye shape and ear shape – Dylan

You can inherit lots of different things like hair colour, head shape, nose shape, eye colour and also you can inherit allergies I think – James B

You can’t inherit what food you like – Osa

You can’t inherit your favourite foods, your hobbies or if you like swimming – Lena

You can’t see some inherited things like if you’re left or right handed and left or right footed – Luca

We then had to draw a picture of our Mum and Dad and of ourselves and the pictures had to show the things we have inherited from them – Holly

Handwriting

We had to write sentences joined up themed on animals. They were quite tricky because we haven’t written much whole sentences before. – Sophie

It was tricky to do because some of the words were quite tricky – Callum

We had to remember to use full stops and capital letters and we had to remember not to join the capital letters – Amy

It was hard because we have never done handwriting in this way before – Eilidh

Farewell to our Headteacher

We had to make stuff for our head teacher and we sang a song for her – Pippa

We had to make a flower shape out of petals and write messages on the petals – Tylar

She went around the unit and each class held up a letter. The rest of the class read out a line of the acrostic poem that they had made up – Grant

Each line of the poem made the word Mrs Johnstone – Conor

Our line of the poem said “E stands for the excellent education you have given us” – Johnny

She looked like she was about to cry! – Oliver

RM Easimaths

We completed ten minutes of Maths and then we got to play a game to collect points – Oscar

We had to do hard maths and easy maths. For me, the angles were hard – Georgie

We had to go through different levels if we did well – Arran

It smartens our brains and in RM Easimaths, depending on who you are, the harder or easier the maths is. It works at your level – Arjun

I have unlocked 3 characters and you get to choose one for the games! – Logan

We were doing challenges and we also had to use our name and last name and the school code and our password to log on – Rebecca

Rounders

I made a home run 2 times! Then I got 2 points each time – Luca

Some people got a home run – Oliver

I got a home run and I whacked it so far it nearly hit the gym teacher! – Conor

I got a home run and the tactics to get the ball away from the fielders is to whack the ball as hard as you can on the ground so that they have to run for it. If you bat it in the air then you went out straight away – Jamie

The batters had to run and try and get a home run – Osa

We learned about team work, to communicate with each other and to spread out. It is my favourite game we play in school  – Sophie

I got 2 home runs and how I did it is I hit the ball really high so it went up in the air and then I ran to the middle cone then when the next person hit the ball, I sprinted to the next one and then the next one and then finally I got home – Callum

It was about sports – Tylar

We had to work together as a team and show each other sportsmanship – Conor

The rules of rounders are you have to hit the ball as far as you can and if somebody catches the ball straightaway you swap teams and if the fielding team stump the cone then you are out – Alex

One thought on “Week beginning 24.06.19”

1. Another week… lots of fun learning and a week closer to the holiday!!
    Conor enjoyed telling me all about the traits and inherited things from dad and I!!!
    Clearly he got my humour and sense of fun😂😂
    He loved the game of rounders and was glad he never hit the teacher!