Week beginning 10.12.18

It’s been a very busy, Christmassy week here in 3D…

Christmas Shows

I was so impressed at the narrating, singing and actions in our Christmas performances. We have worked very hard and definitely saved the best till last! Everyone looked fantastic in their Innkeeper costumes – even if Miss Dow did find it a little stressful sorting 30 tea towels and headbands! Well done everyone – I am very proud of you all ๐Ÿ™‚ We hope you all enjoyed watching us too. Here are some nice photos of us ready for our dress rehearsal and some silly face ones we insisted on being taken!

Let’s Create

This week we have started to make sock snowmen and sock penguins. A few of us still have to finish.

We have been making gift bags to sell to you all. First we had to make a plan so that we knew how our final design would roughly look. We had lots of fun and used many different textures and resources to finish our designs.

We have been making our ‘4 Season’ Calendars this week. This has involved step-by-step drawing, colouring, painting and sticking! It’s been a long process but the finished calendars are looking great – we can’t wait for you to see the finished results on Thursday!

Christmas Alphabet

We have been thinking about as many words related to Christmas as we can. Our challenge was to try and think of a word that began with each letter of the alphabet – some were easier than others!

Christmas Maths

We have been learning about grid references. We should use ‘along the corridor, up the stairs’ to remind us to look along the bottom first and then up to find the correct square. We had to follow instructions to create a Christmas tree that we could then decorate.ย We also had to complete maths addition and subtraction questions and colour them the correct colour to find a hidden Christmas picture.

Christmas Jumper Day

On Friday we all wore jumpers for Christmas Jumper Day.ย  As part of our topic we had to design our very own Christmas jumper for the charity.

4 thoughts on “Week beginning 10.12.18”

1. Wow what a fun packed Christmassy week 3D have had!
    Great pictures! so lovely to see, thank you so much. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    The sock characters are looking very cute, Iโ€™m looking forward to seeing the finished pieces on Thursday.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas
    From Oliver & family

2. Such festive fun and learning has been going on in 3D…..
    Conor so enjoyed designing his crimbo jumper and is excited to bring me home a surprise!! I canโ€™t wait!
    Well done to all..the nativity was fantastic and you all performed splendidly. Getting the children prepare… That wouldโ€™ve been a busy busy job Miss D๐Ÿ˜‚
    I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a peaceful New Year. Thank you for all the smashing blog news you faithfully post. It is great to read all that 3D are doing each week๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿปโค๏ธ