St Joseph’s VIB meets VIPs!!!!

St Joseph’s Very Important Bear meets some Very Important People!
In P6 & P7 this year at St Joseph’s the children’s very important bear, Buddy, has been visiting some wonderful places and the resulting creative and expressive language from the children’s accounts of these were a dream to hear. However, the other week Buddy was already ‘booked’ for an adventure when another P7 child asked to take him to the STV Appeal.

Luckily Miss Boyd and Miss Neil had Hamish (Buddy’s cousin) ready to go instead….and what a great time he had! Among the guests he met at this year’s STV appeal were: Alex Salmond, Lorraine Kelly, Sean Batty and….. to name but a few – all of whom enthusiastically spoke to Hamish, thus allowing the resulting report on Hamish’s travels to be even more exciting. It was difficult to up-level the resulting written language this time as the excitement had lead to some wonderful use of vocabulary, openers and connectives. A bit of work on punctuation and hey presto!…a magnificent story produced. Well done Hamish!…And well done to all concerned!

6 thoughts on “St Joseph’s VIB meets VIPs!!!!

1. What a lovely surprise I got when I logged on to SAL this morning. It was great to see photographs of Buddy’s cousin Hamish with lots of famous people at this marvellous event. I look forward to hearing about all the adventures of Buddy and his cousin when I come back. Keep up the good work.

2. Wow! I’m quite starstruck looking at these pictures! Well done Charlotte and Hamish!
    I wish I had been there too!

3. Hi I am one of Loraine Kelly’s biggest fans and well done Charlotte but I am still jealous anyway hope you had a good time

4. Hi I just moved here and I found out about SAL and I came on it and I love it you get 2 look at what we have been doing and u also get2 leave a comment so yeah I love this website and I will get 2 the point WOW I am incredibly jealous :-/