CONCERT FEVER

Excitement hit fever pitch last week at St. Joseph’s in Helensburgh as the children began auditions for the end of session concerts ‘Oliver’ and ‘Peter Pan’. After a week of ‘rehearsals’ by the children in the playground, they were ready to audition. Excellent renditions of ‘oom pah pah’ and ‘ you’ve got to pick a pocket or two’ among other songs saw some very talented children perform to their audience of peers and judges. Confidence was bubbling over – evidence in abundance that children at St Joseph’s are ‘Confident Individuals’.

Finally, after two days of deliberation by the judges, the announcements were made. Scenes of euphoria from children at securing main parts emanated from the hall! And so the hard work begins…..but everyone is looking forward to the anticipation and delivery of our performance which looks to be the most exciting yet!.

3 thoughts on “CONCERT FEVER

1. I have attended many St Joseph’s concerts over the years when my 2 nieces were pupils there. In fact, over the years, I have taken part in rehearsals with children when I was a visiting teacher. It never ceases to amaze me how much talent is out there – better than going to Glasgow to The King’s Theatre!!
    Enjoy rehearsing – break a leg!

2. There is a great buzz around the school as the classes involved are so excited! I can’t wait for the show in June!

3. Thanks Christine for your very positive comments – we’re all excited about the weeks of rehearsal and planning ahead! Michelle