Minard & Furnace at large in Kelvingrove Museum

furmin-6-kelvin-art-galleryFurnace and Minard pupils headed off to Glasgow for a day at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum this week. We had a brilliant day and were so inspired by everything we saw from Egyptian “mummies” to dinosaurs, Charles Rennie MacIntosh art and the famous spitfire. We had planned our visit as part of our Scotland topic but we saw and learned much beyond our national heritage. Here are some pupils comments:

Kaine: “My favourite painting was Christ of St John of the Cross by Salvador Dali which was strange but amazing since you felt that you were looking into the painting from above.”

Jeremi: “I really liked the floating heads with all the different expressions on their faces, some of them were a bit creepy.”

Marie: “The ancient Egyptian artefacts were amazing and we played some fun games like ‘wrap the mummy’.”

Nicola: “I liked everything about going to the art galleries and I’d liked to go back to see the Ancient Egypt section and the weapons. I could imagine what it was like to be a warrior in the past.”

furmin-2-kelvin-art-galleryfurmin-3-kelvin-art-galleryfurmin-4-kelvin-art-galleryfurmin-10-kelvin-art-galleryfurmin-1-kelvin-art-galleryfurmin-7-kelvin-art-galleryfurmin-8-kelvin-art-galleryfurmin-9-kelvin-art-galleryfurmin-5-kelvin-art-gallery