Vote for our scarecrow!

This week Lismore Primary School are taking part in the island’s first Scarecrow Competition.  The children began by drawing some designs and suggesting how a scarecrow might be constructed.  Next,they stuffed old bolier suits with rags and hay before dressing the scarecrows in school uniforms.  Last week, “Miss Strict, with her pupils, Jimmy and Caitlin” were finally finished and put in position close to the roadside.

There are about 20 scarecrows dotted around the island and members of the public are being asked to vote for their favourite one before Saturday 22nd September.  There are photographs of all the scarecrows on our community website so why not go onto isleoflismore.com and click on “Recent Updates” to vote?

4 thoughts on “Vote for our scarecrow!

1. Fantastic work Lismore Primary. I have voted in the Adult and the Child categories and my Primary 7 class will cast their vote tomorrow in school. I’m not going to tell them which ones I chose until they have cast their vote then we will compare.
    Mrs Keech
    Rosneath Primary School

2. Hi Lismore.
    We really enjoyed looking at the scarecrows and have now cast our vote. We wonder which one will win.
    Primary 7
    Rosneath Primary School