New Beginnings at Port Ellen

All the latest news from Port Ellen Primary……
It has been a busy start to the new session at Port Ellen.

Tuesday 28th August: Stephen Baron Plays Haydn
Stephen Baron came to the school of Port Ellen primary to tell us about Haydn a very famous composer and it was very interesting.  We played games with Stephen Baron and we danced to the music and it was very fancy and I want to do it again. My favourite part was when we played instruments with him it was very noisy. And I personally think that it was a great idea that Reece (The Prince) died of old age in the acting and I was a great woodpecker. Just as I said I think that the acting was very good from everyone and so was the music, he could really play the piano.  We had to listen to the music and if it changed music we had to do our actions.  Mrs Macdonald said the school piano had never been so happy! 

By James and Liam

Thursday 30th August: Port Ellen Pier Opening Ceremony
On Thursday all of Port Ellen Primary was invited to the pier opening in Port Ellen. When we got there, there were a lot of people and there were some of the pipe band piping.  We also got balloons and we made our own flags to wave.  There were 3 people announcing the pier was open.  Then the choir sang at the end and that closed the opening ceremony.

by Robbie and Asher

Friday 31st August; Cutting the Turf for the New house Building in Port Ellen
On Friday Port Ellen primary school choir, me, Scott Kinloch, and Donald Swanson went to cut the turf for the new row of houses at Ardview.  Me, Donald, Ruby and Oliver cut the first section of turf for the houses and there was a small crowd and the choir sung.   After the cutting the adults went to the Islay Hotel for snacks and the school came back by the end of playtime. The weather wasn’t kind and the rain was miserable.  Donald is the youngest in the school and I am the oldest.

By Scott Kinloch