Forest Schools at Rhunahaorine Primary

Forest Schools is a great activity where we learn about interesting things to do in the forest .We get to do things like learn new knots,make shelters and make fires in addition we also help to look after the environment by doing things like making shelter for the various kinds of creatures that live in the forest. – by Kirk p7

P1-7 go to forest schools in Largie and will be going for the next 7 weeks. We do games,dens,climbing trees, showing us knots and  finally we make hot chocolate  in the storm kettle. – by Finlay p6

We had a fun time at forest schools.
We were making houses and I made a house with Lewis M and Lewis G and Malwina. And then I went to find logs to make seats with. Then Morag and Arthur made hot Choclate . and we went to find bugs I found a mole hill and we climbed trees . by Hannah p3

Yesterday I went to forest school. I was climbing trees with my friends. I saw 4 things ; a rabbit hole, a mouse hole ,a centipide ,and a worm, Then we had hot choclate I loved it. by Teigan p3

The past few weeks we gave been going to forest schools. It is very fun, we learn how to tie knots, get logs to sit on, make houses for bugs and get fern for the storm kettle so we can have a hot drink. We also climbed trees for fun to pass the time. – by Liam p7

I climbed on the tree and we hung upside down!!! Help Help I’m going to fall!. Lewis M and Malwina, p2
I made a den and I got chocolate. The best was the den because we made a hotel. Lewis p1

One thought on “Forest Schools at Rhunahaorine Primary

1. You look like you are having as much fun as we do at Forest School. We’ve enjoyed making dens and mini houses, being creative with ‘Woodland Master Chef’ and making mud faces. We had a lovely World Book Day in the woods and wrote our own stories and poems as well as listening to other stories. We’d love to hear more about the things you are doing.
    Kilchrenan Primary School