P7m

We hope you enjoyed our BLOG updates from camp last week!  We had so much fun and made so many great memories!

We are continuing to enjoy our Transition project with Armadale Academy every week.  In class, we have been revising short division and learning new strategies for long division, such as the chunking method and dividing using factors.

In literacy, we wrote fabulous science fiction stories using descriptive detail and great vocabulary!  We will see if any of our stories are able to predict the future which we learned about while exploring this genre!  We have had lots of class discussions about our topics for our exposition writing focus, which have included the recent war in Ukraine, social media and it’s effects and whether P.E should be part of our curriculum.  It has been very interesting!  Our focus for reading is inference, we are getting much better at spotting clues in texts to help us!

Other areas

Spanish – We are learning vocabulary for clothes and colours.  Our transition SWAY from the Academy this week was from the Modern Languages department and we had to introduce ourselves in French and Spanish!

P.E – We are taking part in a class hockey tournament and finishing off our block of gymnastics by creating our own sequences which have to include certain skills that we have been learning over the last 6 weeks!

We have enjoyed:

J – Camp was fun; I especially liked talking to my friends in our room.

F – We got to do so many activities at camp, it was brilliant but I was really tired at the end of it!

CT – As part of British Science week, we are taking part in a project with the Academy which I am looking forward to.

L – I enjoyed baking.  I made chocolate brownies and cakes.

A – I enjoyed the pizza box challenge at camp because it had an extra fear factor to it but I overcame my fears and had fun.

H – The King Swing was the best activity, I went on it with my teacher who screamed very loudly!