P7m

We have been revising our multiplication methods such as the lattice method, grid method and column method.  We are also continuing with our Algebra block in line with our Academy transition project.  In class we are exploring different division methods including the bus stop method and the chunking method.  Our knowledge of times tables is very useful in division, so it is important that we keep practising these at home!

In literacy we created our own biographies of a friend, completed an information report on a sports person and wrote some diary entries.  We continue to increase our knowledge of how to identify and interpret key information which is our key comprehension focus at the moment.  We are continuing to read daily in class and we are competing in the First Minister’s reading Challenge as part of our World Book Day activities!

IDL

We used our STEM skills to carry out experiments with glacier movement and erosion which was fun! We are moving on to learning about inherited characteristics and genes through exploring  the Sherpa community.  In music, we are appraising and identifying dimensions of music (pulse, rhythm, pitch etc), working up to improvising, composing and performing our own music by singing and playing instruments.

Other areas

Spanish – We are learning phrases on how to order at a restaurant and vocabulary for food and drink.  We have been role playing in pairs to learn the vocabulary, we have planned a visit to our favourite restaurant and we will soon be creating our own menus!

Transition – We have begun our online transition to Armadale Academy.  Each department will send a SWAY plus activities for us to complete every week!  So far, we have completed lessons for the Maths, CDT and Student support departments.  We are recording these in a transition jotter which will be given to our new teachers in June. We use our STEM skills to complete a build challenge set by the CDT department at Armadale Academy which we all really enjoyed!  These pictures were uploaded for our new teachers to see.

We have enjoyed:

L – I’m excited to play hockey in P.E

C – I have really enjoyed doing gymnastics in P.E and I am so excited to go to camp!

J – The chunking method in numeracy for division is fun!

N – I like learning about glaciers and I really like numeracy especially the methods of multiplication.

K – I enjoyed doing the frozen landscape pictures in Art.