P7m 20th December 2021

P7m

We have been learning how to use the four operations with negative numbers.  We have moved onto algebra and solving algebraic equations using function machines and stories! Our times table knowledge has been very useful here!  We are continuing to enjoy our Transition project with Mrs Lundberg at Armadale Academy every week.

In literacy we wrote some lovely Christmas stories and a letter to Santa persuading him not to cancel Christmas!  We were able to use persuasive language and present two sides of the argument.  In addition, we backed up our main points with valid reasons!

IDL

We created beautiful oil pastel drawings of a coral reef after learning about the damage that is being done to them through climate change.  We have also created newspaper reports in groups, detailing the damage caused to the ocean by extreme weather and nuclear testing.

Other areas

Mandarin – We have finished our block of Mandarin but we will continue to practise and use the vocabulary we have learnt over the last 8 weeks.

P.E – We have really enjoyed our block of dance, it has improved our listening skills and developed our co-ordination and rhythm to a higher level!

Other – We designed Christmas cards for the Sibbalds card competition and the winning entry was from our class!  Congratulations to them! Sibbalds commented on the high quality of entries they received from our class as a whole, so well done to all!

-We also worked in groups to design a fantastic STEM challenge as part of a whole school project.  Our part of the project involved creating a snowball launcher with very specific criteria which we met and exceeded!

Christmas – We are looking forward to our Christmas party tomorrow evening!  Everyone who is attending the party must have completed and returned a contact form as no child will be permitted to leave the party unaccompanied.  All children must be collected by an adult in the front playground at 8pm.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all from P7m!

We have enjoyed:

LW– I have really enjoyed Netball because it was fun!  I also liked Algebra because it was something different.  I discovered that I was quite good at learning Mandarin too!

CH – I found Algebra interesting because it got my brain working.

LMcD – I liked rugby because it was fun learning how to pass properly.

RTM – I have enjoyed Algebra, it has been the best topic in Numeracy so far.

EM – I liked Netball and I am excited for the after school club starting.

HM – Mandarin was really interesting!