Primary 1 Learning Highlights 8th March 2024

This week we have been taking part in our school book week. We have been doing lots of activities based on the book ‘Horton Hears A Who’. We went up to the woodland to look for small things with the magnifying glasses and had some fun trying to find a Who! We also did lots of work on rhyming words and made a graph of our favourite characters. As part of our learning in RE, we made compliment flowers and we made our friends smile. We took part in the infant area Book Battle, where we had to vote each day for our favourite book.

On Wednesday, we went to St Peter’s to take part in morning Mass. Everyone commented on how respectful we were and Mrs McKissack gave us all a special sticker.

On World Book Day, we took part in a live read and draw along with Raahat Kaduji. We concentrated so well and produced some excellent illustrations. In the afternoon, the bell kept ringing and we had to Drop Everything and Read. We thought it was really fun!

On Friday, we celebrated the Feast Day of St John Ogilvie. We went to Mass in the hall and we were once again very respectful. After break we had a special treat and we got to watch Horton Hears a Who on the big screen with our buddies.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Tyler F – I enjoyed choosing my own learning.

Maja – I enjoyed making cards.

Leah – I enjoyed Outdoor Learning.

Joseph – I enjoyed playing with the ping pong balls.

Alfie – I enjoyed doing the Book Battle.

Peyton – I enjoyed playing with the sharks.

Congratulations to Bella who is our Reading Champion this week and to Joseph who won our Hot Chocolate Award.