P1B Learning Highlights 2nd June 2023

Another busy week in P1B.  This week we received a letter to tell us the Dragon’s favourite book was about huffing and puffing.  We guessed it was ‘The Three Little Pigs’.  We read the story and sequenced pictures in to the correct order.  We worked in groups of 4 and acted out the story.  We all worked well in our groups and confidently performed for the rest of the class.  We made our own masks as well.  In writing we wrote what happened in the story using picture cues and a word bank.  We are getting very good at writing sentences now.

We made our own house for the pigs using cocktail sticks and marshmallows then we tried to blow them down like the big bad wolf using a hairdryer.

to try and blow We also completed a huff and puff challenge left by the Dragon where we had objects and make them move.  We also read the story of The Three Little Wolves’.

In Numeracy and Maths we continued looking at sharing and division.  We were able to successfully share amounts.  We also had great fun using the Bee Bots.  We programmed in directions and made them move.

In Health and Well Being we discussed the effect exercise can have on the body and discussed how the three little pigs would have felt running away from the big bad wolf.

Our Learning Highlights

Rose ‘I liked doing group work’

Faye ‘I liked acting out the story of ‘The Three Little Pigs’

Luca ‘I liked watching the three little wolves’

Martyna ‘I liked writing about the wolf and the pigs’

Khaleesi ‘I liked testing the houses’

Victoria ‘I liked reading books’

Azmeer ‘ I liked when the three little wolves built a cement house’.

Well done to Azmeer  our Hot Chocolate winner this week.

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy the sunshine!