St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P4b weekly blog post 19.05.23

We’ve had another productive week.

During the first half, we finished our narratives and some of us have started presenting these to the class.  We should be really proud of ourselves for working so hard to include excellent description!!

We also enjoyed learning some more Spanish words.  We revised some greetings and then learnt some new ones.  We loved playing a memory game to help us match up and learn these.

With Mrs Lea this week, we did some art, making personality islands.  We had to draw lines and bubbles, or make family islands or hobbies you enjoyed.  We did this to create an island to build up our personalities.

In maths, we looked at 3D shapes and we learned about the faces, vertices and edges.  We used shapes to explore this information and then we wrote it up.

We were sad in PE this week because it was Miss Heggerty’s and Miss Fee’s last days with us.

Our highlights:

Jonah: I loved PE because we did running, throwing and long jump.

Zac: I liked being the chalk figure model that everyone was aiming onto when they jumped.

Layla: I liked maths because I liked getting the shapes out and investigating them and it was really fun.  I liked going to the church because we sang hymns, and I don’t go to that church so it was my first time.

Dhanvi: I liked PE because it was so fun.  I liked RE too because we learnt about the month of Mary.

Well done to Matteo, our hot chocolate winner this week!

Please remember to do your maths homework on Sumdog.  A lot of us are forgetting each week!

Have a lovely long weekend everyone,

Mrs Brown