Primary 1A Learning Highlights 28th April 2023

This has been a very exciting week in Primary 1A! On Monday, we had a visit from a friendly dragon. The dragon left us a letter, which told us that Fairyland was destroyed and that he needed our help to rebuild it. Of course, we agreed to help and we wrote letters to the dragon to tell him.  We posted our letters in the special ‘D-Mail’ post box that he had left for us. On Wednesday, the dragon left us another letter that had lots of burnt bits on it as he was so happy we had agreed to help and little bits of fire had popped out of his mouth. He also left us some castle books so that we can keep all our Fairyland work in them. We can’t wait to see what tasks the dragon leaves us to complete! We learned about different castles and the parts of a castle after the dragon told us he used to protect a castle in Fairyland. We drew pictures of a castle and wrote a sentence about it. We even remembered to use the word ‘and’.

In maths, we have been learning to tell the time to half past the hour. We have been practising this using the Stop the Clock game where we have to match the analogue and digital clocks. We also used the part, part, whole model to complete some missing number addition sums.

In RE, we learned the story of the Good Shepherd and The Wedding Feast at Cana.

For Outdoor Learning, we listened to the story ‘Not a Stick’. We then had to find a stick and use our imaginations. It was a bit wet in the woodland so we saw lots of minibeasts. We loved trying to find lots of different minibeasts under the logs and in the leaves.

Our sunflower seeds have grown a lot over the past week and we have been very excited to see the difference each day. We have reminded Miss Stebbing to make sure they are watered!

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Summer Rose – I enjoyed going to the woodland.

Vasilisa – I enjoyed seeing the animals in the woodland.

Harald – I enjoyed finding creatures in the woodland.

Connor – I enjoyed finding the animals and pretending the sticks were something else in the woodland.

Lillian – I enjoyed holding the woodlouse.

Eve – I enjoyed going up to the woodlands and finding bugs.

Filip – I enjoyed finding some bugs and a spider.

Well done to Summer Rose who is our Hot Chocolate Winner this week.