Primary 4b weekly blog 25th November 2022

And that’s the end of another busy week in Primary 4b!

In numeracy, we’ve been working on column addition and column subtraction.  We’ve done a great job at building our knowledge and understanding of how to exchange when we are crossing a boundary.  Any number bond practise at home would continue to help us build our calculation skills.

We’ve also learnt how to use dictionaries this week.  We understand their purpose and we know how to use our alphabet knowledge to find words, including checking the definition to see if it is the word we are looking for.

In topic, we’ve learnt about the features of inside and outside a castle, and we’ve also learnt about what knights were, their role during the Medieval Period and what they would wear to battle.  The best bit from our castles work was learning about the toilets.  We thought it was disgusting that people went to the toilet in a castle over a hole that hung over the moat.

In Health and Wellbeing, we learnt how to find our inner peace and why this is important.  We also learnt about being observant and talked a lot about self regulation.

Our highlights:

Jonah and Alexa: I enjoyed dodgeball this week in PE because we got hit by balls.

Aiden: I enjoyed learning about castles.  My favourite was learning about the toilets.

Ishani M: I enjoyed doing maths.  My favourite part was column subtraction.

Our hot chocolate winner this week was Alexa.  Well done Alexa.

Have a lovely weekend everybody!

Mrs Brown