P1B Learning Highlights 28th October

What a busy week in P1B.  This week we have been learning the sounds n and t.  We created a night time scene and made toast.  We have been working very hard on the formation of these sounds and we are now learning to blend our sounds together to make words.  Our teachers are very proud of us.

In writing we read the story ‘Room on the Broom’ and we drew a picture and wrote a sentence about what was on our broom.  We read the Magical Muddle and turned ourselves into a creature.  We drew a picture and wrote a sentence about our picture.

Maths this week we have been learning all about numbers 12 and 13 and how to form them.  We have been adding numbers within 10 and learning about number families.

We investigated pumpkins, we read the story ‘Christopher Pumpkin’  and had the opportunity to help carve some pumpkins.  We then counted how many seeds in each pumpkin.

This week we were very excited to meet with our Buddies and create Halloween decorations we had lots of fun.  We made pumpkin paper plates and designed Halloween costumes.

In Health and Well Being we have been learning about how to keep safe when out Trick or Treating and in the dark weather.

Well done to Samraht our hot chocolate winner for the week.

Here are some of our learning highlights:

Ezno ‘I liked the Block play and being with my buddy’

Luca  ‘I liked when we sing ‘It’s Friday Again’

Katie ‘I like playing with the toys’

Connor ‘I liked gym’

Khaleesi ‘I liked dancing to the song

Bradley and JJ ‘I liked being with my buddy’

Mrs Russell ‘I loved reading the story ‘Christopher Pumpkin’

Have a great weekend everyone.