Weekly update – 25.4.22

Dear Families

This week we continued working on exposition in our writing.  We looked at an example of exposition and identified the features the author used. Then we wrote our own exposition text about litter.  We were trying to persuade the reader to not drop litter.

Maths & Numeracy

We were learning how to measure things using a ruler and measuring tape.  We were also learning how to solve sudoku puzzles, we found them quite tricky and we needed to work out where the numbers went.  Although they were tricky we had fun.

We also had to use our problem solving skills this morning to solve a problem, it was kind of like sudoku but with coloured squares.

Learning Across the Curriculum

This week we got to choose what one of our topics will be later on in the term, we are excited that we had a choice in it.

On Tuesday we had a special PE lesson, we had some visitors from a local Judo club come into school and give us a little taster.

In Music with Mrs Morrison we have been learning some songs, for example ‘We don’t talk about Bruno’.

Pupil Highlight

Markuss – I enjoyed making bug houses during outdoor learning.

Amelia – I enjoyed the Judo in PE because I felt like a ninja.

Stefi – I enjoyed doing Simon Says at PE.

Mariam – I enjoyed doing the songs with Mrs Morrison.

Layla – I enjoyed doing music.