P5A Learning Highlights Week Beginning 29.11.21

Pupil Highlights –

Joshua D: ‘ I liked learning about decimal points and knowing when we move our numbers to the left or to the right.’

Aoife: ‘ I liked making our window display – we had to draw a sleigh and write ‘ Dear Santa, I would like….’ But we had to choose three things we would want to change in the world. ‘

Filip: ‘ I liked searching Bear Scotland on the ipads with Mr Pentland and making an information report.’

Josh N: ‘ I liked reading the differences between life in Rwanda and life in the UK.’

Olivier:  ‘ I liked reading our class novel ‘ Christophe’s Story’

Sylvia: ‘ I liked making my hair crazy for crazy hair day.’

Miss Smith’s highlights:

I have been really impressed with the high quality discussion we have had when identifying the arguments for, and, arguments against these issues:

‘Is Takeaway a Good Food Option?’         ‘Should Children be Allowed to Own a Pet?’

‘Should Children Be Allowed to Wear What they Want?’

We can now all explain what an Opening Statement of a Discussion text has to include:

There are many arguments for and against whether….

Some believe that…….

However, some believe that ….. 

• we need to include the word because to explain the most important reasons for the arguments for, and, the arguments against