P2B Week Beginning 16th November

This week, we have been celebrating Book Week Scotland!  Your child took home their special ‘Read, Write, Count’ bags gifted from the Scottish Book Trust.  I hope you enjoy exploring this fantastic resource together.  I know your children are very excited about the different things they discovered inside.  Here are our highlights from this week:

Matteo really liked when Mrs Devlin modelled how to use the dice inside the bag.  You will discover that one dice has pictures of different settings, one dice has pictures of different characters and one dice has pictures of different objects.  What imaginations P2B have!  We had such fun helping each other make up stories when the dice landed.  Next week on Seesaw you will find the Literacy homework is based on the bag and the dice.  I know you will both enjoy this task very much and I am looking forward to receiving the posts back and watching them with the class if you choose to send videos in.

Mariam loved the story ‘ROCKETMOLE’ and all the learning surrounding that.  We launched rockets (javelins) in the playground to see who could throw theirs the furthest.  We learned about the very first moon landing and wondered what special event in history we might witness in the future!

Daniel enjoyed the story ‘How Many Trees?’  We went into our woodland and independently counted the trees.  When we went back to class we told Mrs Devlin our answer and she marked it on a 100 square on the smartboard.  Markuss had the closest guess!  He guessed 76 and we have 71 trees.  We also made a tree themed bookmark and wrote our very own Non-Fiction book about trees which Mrs Devlin was so proud of us for!

Stefi enjoyed our learning about Dawili this week and liked using jewels to make her own rangoli pattern.

Thank you to our two Lead Learners Paige and DaisyDee this week who did a fantastic job!  They worked hard to ensure everyone met their appointed target of putting their packs on their seat when they were not being used.  They know Mrs Devlin likes tidy tables!

Mrs Devlin’s Highlight has to be watching the children do some Bollywood style dancing.  Those children who were born in India or whose family are from India were so delighted to recognise the music and showed us some of their best moves!  I thought I was watching a Bollywood movie they were so fantastic!  We were very careful to do slow movements as we know we are not to do exercise indoors just now to keep safe.