St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

This Week in P3A (w/b 24th February 2020)

| 1 Comment

Today we watched the Scientists doing a show.  They turned water different colours using chemicals and they did some magic with the balloon string when they tore pieces off and then put it back together!  Yesterday we completed a maths challenge to find out who was the Pancake Pincher.  It was Seb.  We had to use times tables and division and counting in 5s, 10s, 2s and 3s (forwards and backwards) to solve clues.  We made pyramids for our new topic and we wrote facts about the pyramids on the side.  Did you know that the tallest pyramid was 140m high?  It is the Pyramid of Giza.  We have been learning the 7 days of the week in Spanish.  We updated our EPortfolios this week.  Please look at them and leave a comment.  We can show you how to log in.

Here are our personal learning highlights:

Edin – I had fun describing our monsters with the similes.

Joshua – I liked when the Scientists did the balloon trick.

Daisy – I liked when the Scientist mixed the vinegar and baking soda together and made the explosion.

Josh – I liked when we had to solve who was the Pancake Pincher.  It was a bit tricky!

Grant – I liked when the Scientist poured in the baking soda and the vinegar.

Ronan – I liked when the Scientists poured the water in the cup and it went white then black.

Natalia – I liked when the Scientists poured the water into the beaker and it turned pink.

Aoife – I liked when the Scientists did the balloon trick.

Inaya – I liked when the Scientist threw the ball behind him and one in the air and it went away.

One Comment