P4a Learning Highlights

Curriculum areas and subjects

In Maths, we really enjoyed rounding numbers. We learnt how to round to the nearest 10 and started to learn how to round to the nearest 100. We made a poster to demonstrate our understanding of how to round to the nearest 10.

Interdisciplinary learning

For our Inventors and Invention topic, we got to draw an invention which we would like to create.

Katie- ‘My invention is called Mac. It brings you your clothes to put on.’

Alessio- ‘My invention is called the Robot Sock. It helps to keep your socks tight so that you do not get bumps when walking.’

Monty- ‘My invention is Quit it! It makes your dog stop biting.’

Ruqayyah- ‘My invention is called the Blame. It helps you to stop walking to your living room to shut the blinds. You can download the app and just press the button on your phone then it will close.’

The ethos and life of the school

We had our first house group meeting. Each house had one of our school values to explore.

Katie- ‘My group, which is St. Cuthbert, made posters about teamwork. We were allowed to work on our own, twos or threes.’

Joshua- ‘I worked with Logan and we made a poster about trust.’

Jack- ‘My group, St. Cuthbert, made a poster about listening to each other.’

Opportunities for personal achievement

We had a discussion about how we have improved in our learning and skills this week.

Lewis- ‘I have gotten better at rounding to the nearest 10 this week.’

JJ- ‘I have gotten better at handwriting.’

Well done to Carmen who has gotten better at riding her bike without stabilisers.

Lastly, thank you Monty for sharing your fantastic robot that you made at home.