p5 Tasks Monday 20 April

Today’s Tasks: Monday 20 April 2020

If you feel that this is not enough there is more work in the “extra work” folder in Files.

You choose how and when to do your tasks.  Tasks can be done either in the assignments tab, class notebook, in a document which you email to me or you can just do it in a jotter and either send me a picture or ask someone at home to look at it and give you some feedback.  You can do your work anytime that suits you, and in any order you like.  However, if you need my help I will only be available during school hours.

Spelling – Look, cover, Write, Check

-nt Oi/oy Wh
Ant Boil Whale
Pant Coil What
Plant Coin Wheat
Dent Foil Whether
Rent Join Which
Lent Point Whine
Spent Boy Whisker
Grunt Coy White
Runt Joy Whole
Invent toy Whose

MathsSubtraction worksheet.  I am learning to use the subtraction strategies I have learned to work out the answers to problems.  You can complete this in your jotter or print the worksheet. See Assignments section.  After you have finished you can mark your work using the answer sheet. Subtraction 20-04-20

Physical Education – You should spend around 45 minutes on your health and wellbeing.  You can do Joe Wickes, play in your garden or have a look at the activities Mrs McAlpine has put on the blog.

TopicDesign your own medieval castle.  I am learning to use our knowledge of medieval castles to design my own castle.  Imagine that you are a King or Queen in the Middle Ages and are planning to build a new castle to live in.  Draw and label your castle.  Remember that you are living in the middle ages so you cannot include modern things you might want in a dream home like swimming pools and televisions!  Think about all the research you have done so far (you might want to do some more!) about what castles are for, what castles are made out of and the common features such as moats, battlements, walls etc.