Book Week Scotland 2015

Book Week Scotland 2015 will take place from Monday 23 – Sunday 29 November 2015

Follow this link to find out more about it:

http://www.scottishbooktrust.com/book-week-scotland

BEDTIME STORIES

Here is an article from The Guardian newspaper about the benefits of reading bedtime stories to children.  Research has shown that  bedtime stories are key to developing a love of reading in children and helping their literacy progress.   This article can be found at http://gu.com/p/4cjj3/sbl .

We are going to be focussing on reading stories at Monday’s assembly as part of Book Week Scotland.  I’m looking forward to hearing all about the children’s favourite books and stories and authors and sharing mine.

My little daughter’s favourite books at the moment are the Winnie the Witch books by Valerie Thomas.  We both love the pictures drawn in them by Korky Paul.

Help us to promote a love of reading by posting the name of your child’s favourite story here. 

Mrs Brennan

6 thoughts on “Book Week Scotland 2015”

1. I love reading books! My favourite is ‘Danny the Champion of the World’ by Roald Dahl as the characters are super and the book is full of suspense….
    My kids loved the dark winter nights as just before lights out they would get to choose a chapter of their favourite book to hear from me! John loves all the Jeff Kinney Books but his very special one has to be….’Diary of a Wimpy Kid -The Third Wheel’. Briony always wanted to hear the picture book ‘Owl Babies’ by Martin Waddell when she was younger and Charlotte is a super reader ,in fact when we can’t find her in the house i know she will be curled up in a corner somewhere with her latest set of novels… she says its very difficult to choose just one book but if she had to it would be the Petal Fairy series by Daisy Meadows especially ‘Charlotte the Sunflower Fairy’. From Mrs C Happy Reading!

2. My fav book is the goalkeepers edition 3 because i’m a goalkeeper for Blackbun United and Jamies fav is shark and dinosuarss fact book XD