Images

Primary 4 Winter Ready Activities

Primary 4 Winter Ready Activities

• You wake up to find the snowman you built last night has come to life! Write a story about what happens next!
  • Practise writing this week’s spelling words in the snow!
  • Write a personal diary of your adventures during the snowy days.

• Practise writing your times tables in the snow.
  • Draw a wintery picture and hide your times tables in it.
  • Design a board game using times tables or division.
  • By using recipes to make a cake or meals, follow instructions regarding weighing and measuring of ingredients. Take a photo of your dish and write a paragraph about how you made it.
  • Count and record how many snowballs you can make in a minute. Can you beat your score?

Social Studies

• Choose a Scandinavian country, research and create a fact file. Compare their weather to ours here in Scotland. For example how do they cope in wintry weather? Does their daily life change in the winter?

Art

• Make a ‘Wintery Scene’ picture.
  • Design an outfit that will keep you warm in the winter weather. Add explanations of what it is made of and the special features it has to enable you to keep warm.
  • Design a fancy pair of winter wellies.

Technology

• Build something in the snow that you can sit on or hide inside such as a seat or an igloo. Take a picture of your creation!

P.E.

• Stay fit by playing in the snow!

Take pictures of any fun activities you do and remember to share these when you come back to school! Have fun!

Miss Clark

Making the most of the glorious weather P3/2 have taken ‘Nouns’ outdoors!

In P3/2 we have been revisiting a  world full of nouns. We are able to identify nouns in the world around us and categorize them according to words that name a person, place, or thing.

Lit 1.13a

• I can supply words that are nouns by using my knowledge of whats around me.
  • I can identify a noun as a word that names a person, place, or thing.
  • I can use nouns when writing sentences and stories.
  • I can identify words that are nouns from our class novel and own reading books.

First, in class, we had to think of two different types of nouns for each classification. Mrs Allsop invited us to write them on the board…..

Next we went outside and played corners….each corner being either a name, a place, a thing/object and to really challange us added a corner where we had to write an adjective! Look at the fun we had…IMG_7089             IMG_7071          IMG_7072 IMG_7073               IMG_7075            IMG_7076 IMG_7077                IMG_7078             IMG_7079 IMG_7080               IMG_7083           IMG_7085

Finally we had to draw a proper noun of a friend…..

Next Steps: We will be writing our own interesting sentences linked to our story writing…demonstrating our ability to use our knowledge of nouns.