Making the most of the glorious weather P3/2 have taken ‘Nouns’ outdoors!

In P3/2 we have been revisiting a  world full of nouns. We are able to identify nouns in the world around us and categorize them according to words that name a person, place, or thing.

Lit 1.13a

• I can supply words that are nouns by using my knowledge of whats around me.
  • I can identify a noun as a word that names a person, place, or thing.
  • I can use nouns when writing sentences and stories.
  • I can identify words that are nouns from our class novel and own reading books.

First, in class, we had to think of two different types of nouns for each classification. Mrs Allsop invited us to write them on the board…..

Next we went outside and played corners….each corner being either a name, a place, a thing/object and to really challange us added a corner where we had to write an adjective! Look at the fun we had…IMG_7089             IMG_7071          IMG_7072 IMG_7073               IMG_7075            IMG_7076 IMG_7077                IMG_7078             IMG_7079 IMG_7080               IMG_7083           IMG_7085

Finally we had to draw a proper noun of a friend…..

Next Steps: We will be writing our own interesting sentences linked to our story writing…demonstrating our ability to use our knowledge of nouns.

One thought on “Making the most of the glorious weather P3/2 have taken ‘Nouns’ outdoors!”

1. What a busy lesson P3/2 and such a fun and active way to learn about nouns. I look forward to reading your work as you apply your knowledge of nouns from this lesson.