WL Library Services: e-books

eBooks

Download eBooks to a wide variety of devices for free

How do I register?

Simply register on the site with your library barcode and PIN (usually the last four digits of the phone number we have on record for you), then login and start searching.

What can I borrow?

You can borrow or reserve up to six ebooks for free from the West Lothian eBooks(Opens in a new window) site, and download them to a wide variety of devices.

There are hundreds of books to choose from on this site, and thousands more copyright free titles on sites like Project Gutenberg(Opens in a new window) and Obooko(Opens in a new window)

New eBook Collections

We have created several new collections of ebooks: Tartan Crime, Modern Women, Nordic Noir,Family Sagas, Most Popular and Just Returned, so click on the Collections Tab(Opens in a new window) to see what’s available.

How long can I borrow them for?

You can borrow ebooks from between 1 and 21 days. You select the loan period once you have chosen the titles you want to download, and the ebooks expire from your device at the end of the selected loan period.

eBooks can be download to an ebook reader, tablet, smart phone, computer and laptop,. They cannot be downloaded to the Kindle reader due to Amazon’s policy, but can be downloaded to a Kindle Fire.

Find out more at: http://www.westlothian.gov.uk/ebooks