St John Ogilvie RC Primary

Week Beginning 31.8.15 P1D

Hello Parents/Families,

Another week in the life of Primary One has gone by and I feel the children have become much more independent! We are unpacking quicker, choosing our lunch tray more confidently and beginning lessons by 9.15! The hope is to one day start at 9am 🙂 Children can now find their way to the toilet and the lines in the morning when Miss Stebbing and I come out to meet the children are so straight I could take my ruler out :-).

We met another new animal in our Number Zoo called Ticklish Two and have learned even more sounds, as you can tell by the homework tasks and flashcards building up. I am so impressed to see the children forming their letters correctly out-with Literacy lessons, such as when they now write their name (I’m only referring to the letters taught so far) and being able to identify these letters in the class library books. Keep up the good work boys and girls!

Reading books are going to start being sent home next week! We have met characters Floppy (the family dog), Kipper (who is actually called Christopher), Chip (otherwise known as David), Biff (Barbra) and good old Mum and Dad. Ask your child why the children are not referred to by their real names and see if they remember (they were too tricky for Kipper to say when he was a toddler).

A highlight of the week was our ‘sound walk’ as we explored our sense of sound. We heard the wind in the trees, cars passing by and an aeroplane among many other sounds. Soon we will be making our own instruments and listening as we make loud, soft, high and low sounds. Look out for a note in the diary requesting recyclable materials from home to help us make our instruments.

Photos of the learning experiences in P1D will be entered into the Blog once all parents have completed the permission form for photos to be taken that was in their ‘Welcome Pack’.