Class 3’s Rainforest Adventure Begins!

135_1323135_1325135_1326135_1327135_1328This week we started our rainforest adventure. We have been exploring rainforest layers, rainforest animals and rainforest sounds.

Josh: We have been learning more about the rainforest. The Amazon is a rainforest. We made paper plate snakes using sponge patterns and crazy edge craft scissors. On Tuesday we went Out and About to the library and found rainforest books for our topic. I enjoyed finding facts about Jaguars.

Cary: We are starting to research animals from the rainforest. I couldn’t choose between the bat or the eagle so I am going to research both and compare them. I think the eagle will win because it will hunt the bat. Both animals hunt at different times.

Geordie: I have learned lots of interesting facts about trees, animals and plants that live in the rainforest this week. I enjoyed writing this week. I tried really hard to use wow words to make my story interesting. My story is about a snake and Mat the tree cutter.

Caitlin: This week we went Out and About to the library. I enjoyed finding books to help us with our topic. I also found two books for me to read at home. At music and drama with Mrs Innes we were learning to dance and move like people and animals in the rainforest. The music we are performing to sounds like we are in a rainforest.

Callum: I enjoyed Out and About. We went to the library. We got rainforest books to help us with our topic. We had a visitor with us. I was very helpful and walked with her to keep her company. I am using the books to research monkeys. I found out some funny facts. They are very cheeky.

2 thoughts on “Class 3’s Rainforest Adventure Begins!”

1. Hi Class 3,

Your new topic on the rainforests sounds like great fun. Does it rain a lot in the rainforest? What a great idea to visit the library to find books to help you with your learning.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

2. It sounds like you have been learning lots about the rainforest already. I hear your writing piece was fantastic Geordie, I would like to come and see it.
    I’m looking forward to hearing what you find out about the bat and the eagle, Cary.