Oor week in p7b with Tam o’Shanter

This week we have been learning about the Robert Burns poem, Tam o’Shanter.

Jack: “In the poem Tam is an alcoholic who loves drinking in the pub with his best pal Soutar Johnie.”

Paul: “A woman warns Tam that he might drown or something else terrible might happen if he doesn’t stop drinking so much.”

William: “The pub shuts and Tam must go home so he gets on his horse called Meg (Maggie)”

Lauren C: “He passes the bad bit of town and he sees lights coming from Kirk Alloway which is supposed to be haunted. He is feeling brave and not afraid because he is drunk so goes and has a look!”

Lauren U: “He looks inside the church and sees the devil playing bagpipes. The devil is a big hairy black dog.”

Callum: “While the music is playing, warlocks and witches are dancing. Most of the witches are old and ugly hags but then Tam spots…”

Harry: “…a beautiful witch named Nannie and she is wearing a white shirt called a cutty sark. Tam watches her dance.”

Chloe: “TamĀ is so impressed with her dancing that he shouts out WEEL DONE CUTTY SARK and all at once the room is dark!”

Kai: “All the witches and warlocks come out the church and chase Tam. He gets on his horse and rides away heading towards the bridge.”

Antonia: “He needs to cross the bridge because he knows they can’t cross running water but before he gets there Nannie rips off Meg’s tail!”

William: “The moral of the poem is that if you are drinking too much or thinking about women too much, you’ll end up in trouble!”

Who has impressed?

Lauren C: “Antonia and Lauren K have impressed me this week because we have quite a tough piece in music but we pulled through by working together.”

Lauren K: “Emily has impressed me because she has been concentrating and working really hard this week.”

Taylor: “Mr Berginis has impressed me because he is a good Scottish dancer!”

Emily: “Lauren K impressed me because she is really good at the Scottish dancing and she helped me get better at it.”

William: “Declan impressed me with the score he got in his Big Maths Beat That.”

Finlay: “Paul impressed me with his Aladdin peformance. He had a big part but learned all his lines.”

Chloe: “Everyone in the class impressed because I think they did excellently in their Aladdin performance.”

Lauren C: “Olivia impressed me because even though she didn’t have a big part she was very good at it.”

Mr Berginis: “I absolutley loved watching the class perform Aladdin last week and I was so impressed with the confidence they showed performing and the hard work they put into rehearsing and preparing.”