Class 2 Set Sail!

The Vikings

We had great fun in the Sensory Room this week with Mrs Laing. The Sensory Room had been transformed into a Viking Longship! The boys in class 2 dressed up as Vikings with a tunic and helmet. There was a giant red sail on the Longship and even a fire pit and pot for the boys to cook some breakfast before setting sail. The boys used props and their imagination to show what they would have done on the morning before setting off on a Viking voyage. They woke up, made breakfast, got dressed, packed their weapons, said goodbye to family members and set sail!

Our Sensory Room role play helped us with our writing. We wrote in our Viking diaries about the morning of our voyage. We included lots of important information in our diaries and remembered to write about how we were feeling. We wrote on the front cover of our diaries in Viking Runes!

‘I liked being in the Viking Longship.’ Dylan

‘I liked pretending that animals lived in my Viking house. A cow!’ Liam

‘I enjoyed packing the stuff in the Longship.  I packed a shield and my weapons.’ Jamie

‘I liked when the big wave came, I was making sure that our boat was running smoothly.’ Cody

‘My favourite was the same as Cody, the waves.  I dropped my weapons in the ocean by mistake!’ Aiden

‘I liked writing in my Viking Diary!  I got a certificate.’ Cameron

2 thoughts on “Class 2 Set Sail!”

1. Your new topic sounds great, Class 2. It was great to see you having so much fun as Vikings in the sensory room. I’m looking forward to reading your Viking diaries.

2. Hi Class 2,

WOW, you have all had a very busy week. I’m going to visit the sensory room next week to see your Viking Longship as it sounds like great fun.

Miss Henderson