Our week in p7b

Our learning

Lauren U: We made Christmas tree decorations for the Christmas Fayre. We made two different types of stars, Christmas trees and stockings.

Isla: On Monday we went to Bathgate Academy and did a treasure hunt. We had to go to four different parts of the school and find the answers to different questions. It was to help us learn our way around the academy.

Taylor: On Monday at the academy at break time we sat in a circle and ate our snacks and discussed our worries with Mrs Burns the deputy head teacher and some of the sixth year prefects.

Flyn: At the high school we did a science lesson where we learned about forces. We used a Vandegraff generator to show static which made your hair stand up.

Harry: At the science lesson we had to rub a rod with a cloth and then put it next to water and the water bent because of the electrostatic force.

Chloe: We also learned about magnetic forces by using magnets and iron filings we saw the different ways the iron filings moved because of the magnets.

Paul: We were learning this week about what it was like to be an evacuee during World War 2. We went through lots of different emotions and each table had different experiences for example some children were evacuated straight away to the countryside while some stayed in the cities.

Lauren C: This week in PE I had fun doing the muscular endurance activities. We did press-ups and crunches and things like that. We did them to help build up our muscles.

Finlay: I liked maths because we got to learn more about division. If you know your times tables it makes it a lot easier.

Who has impressed?

Declan: Jay has impressed me because he got all of his answers correct in his division work.

Finlay: Callum, Antonia and Lauren K impressed me by getting the new highest scores on Big Maths Beat That.

Antonia: Flyn has impressed me because in PE he tried his hardest and kept going even when he was tempted to stop.

Ellie: Olivia has impressed me this week because she done really well in PE and kept going.

Lauren C: Olivia and Emily impressed me by working their hardest to try and move up the class behaviour steps.

Flyn: Antonia has impressed me because she done really well in PE and didn’t give up.

Isla: My PE Castles team has impressed me because we have improved and are in the lead at the moment.

Adam: Kieran impressed me with his D-Day letter and I could tell he put a lot of effort into it.

Jay: I am impressed with Declan because he got a new high score on the Wall of Fame for the 11x table.

Paul: The whole class has impressed me with the propaganda posters we created which are on display in the class.

Kai: Kyra has impressed me with how much she wrote in her report about the academy visit.

Kendal: I’m impressed by Emily this week because she got a new high score on the Wall of Fame.

Mr Berginis: I was impressed by how well behaved the class was when we visited the academy on Monday for our science lesson.