P5d

A great post camp week in P5d!

Pupil of the week this week goes to EVERYONE in the class as I was very proud of each and every child in the way the conducted themselves at Lowport. They are a credit to the school and their families.

We all returned to school on Monday excited to be back together again. We had a fantastic time at Lowport and would like to share some of our highlights.

Aidan – I really enjoyed the woodland adventure.

James – Canoeing was harder than I thought it would be and I was surprised how well I did.

Evie – The people in my group got to have a little bit of a water fight when we were on the canal canoeing!!

Zoe – I had a great time on the woodland adventure. There was a bit of a steep scramble up some muddy rocks and although it was a struggle I didn’t give in and I did a victory dance when I got to the top !!!

Daniel – It was really scary when we all had to get into the one canoe but it was fun as well. It was really fun when Mrs D put some music on and we all sat around in the girls room and just chatted and had fun.

Aaron – I really liked the swimming especially because Mrs Gray was in the pool as well. We were all splashing Mrs Gray and she splashed us back.

Topic/Writing

We have been continuing our topic on the Scottish Wars of Independence. This week we are learning about writing a recount. Our focus has been how to use our writing planners effectively and how to uplevel our use of time connectives. We are going to write a recount of the death of William Wallace.

Science

This week we were learning about dissolving. We carried out a few experiments with sand, salt and sugar. Here is what we found out –

James – we put some sugar into hot water and gave it a stir. The sugar dissolved. We found out that sugar takes much longer to dissolve in cold water.

Viggo – We mixed sand with hot water and the sand sank to the bottom and didn’t dissolve. I think this happened because the sand is made upof hard crystals and the sugar is made up of soft crystals.

That’s it for another week. Have a great weekend!

2 thoughts on “P5d”

1. Wonder if your “den” is still there Aidan, Emma, Rebecca and Polina? Was that at Beecraigs? I’ll need to look for it next time I’m up there.