Ni hao from p7b!

Our week:

Declan: “We have been learning how to talk Mandarin this week. For example how to say hello and good bye. Ni hao is for hello and zai jian for goodbye.”

Kendal: “This week we’ve been learning how to draw Manga. Manga is a Chinese art form which has characters with big shiny eyes, small mouths, small noses and big heads. Check out our display at the top of the stairs.”

Jack: “We’ve been learning about how to use place value and adding skills to solve problems with calculating bills and costs of car deals.”

Lauren U: “We made hens with our p1 buddies this week. We painted our buddy’s hand red and pressed it down on paper then we added all the feathers and tail.”

Paul: “We did our third week of Big Maths Beat That and I beat my best score. Antonia set a new class record of 62.”

Flyn: “We did P.E. with Mr Jeffries and played Castles. Antonia and Kieran got a new record of knocking both castles down in six seconds.”

Kai: “For team challenge we had to make a picture with coloured shapes with our whole team. The person who saw the solution had to remember it and give clear instructions and the placers had to listen carefully about where to put the shapes.”

Ellie: “In writing we were writing an imaginative story called What A Day! We focused on emotions and we had to write about an amazing day we had had the day before.”

Chloe: “In grammar we learned when to use apostrophes and when not to. We use them to show that something belongs to someone and to shorten words like don’t. We never use them to say more than one of something like dogs or pencils.”

Who has impressed?

Kieran: “Mr Welsh has impressed me this week beacuse he helped me with my work by helping explain it. I’ve also been impressed by myself because I’m controlling my behaviour a bit better.”

Kendal: “Lauren K has impressed by being a good role model because she has been setting a good example for younger pupils.”

Kai: “Lauren C and Adam have impressed me because they managed to learn their Mandarin phrases without using their jotter.”

Chloe: “My p1 buddy Niamh has impressed by getting a certifictate at assembly.”

Ellie: “Antonia has impressed me by beating the class score on Big Maths.”

Lauren U: “My buddy from last year, Gemma, impressed me by getting pupil of the week.”

Jay: “Kendal has impressed me by bringing in tasty cupcakes for the whole class!”

Callum: “Declan has really impressed me because he has been a good friend this week.”

Flyn: “Kieran has impressed me because he has been working hard on his classwork.”

Emily: “I’ve impressed myself because I got my maths fully accurate.”

Taylor: “Emily has impressed me because her Manga art character met all the success criteria.”

Adam: “Harry has impressed me by being a great friend this week and he is improving his classwork.”

William: “Paul has impressed me by behaving well and getting pupil of the week.”

Mr Berginis: “I’m proud of how superb the class have been with their p1 buddies again this week. They have been caring and helpful. Keep it up.”

One thought on “Ni hao from p7b!”

1. Ni hao Primary 7b,

I’m very impressed to read that you have been learning to speak Mandarin this week. It’s a very tricky language to learn so well done everyone. You’ve been very busy again this week with lots of learning going on in your class. I’ll check out your Manga art work when I’m in school on Tuesday. It sounds fab.

Have a lovely, long weekend.

Miss Henderson