Perfume Making in Class 1

This week we learned that flowers can be used for lots of different things.  Flowers are used as decorations during wedding ceremonies, flowers can be given as a special gift, and they can also be used to make perfume.  We made our own perfume using rose petals.  We took the perfume home and gave it to a special person.

I made pink perfume.  I made my perfume in the sensory room with Miss Waddell.  I used red flowers to make the perfume.  I gave my perfume to mummy.  Mummy said ‘Oh what lovely perfume!’  Daddy said ‘Oh that’s lovely!’  My brother Iain said, ‘wow look at that!’Lewis

‘I was working with Miss Waddell.  I was tearing the petals, then I put them in the purple water, then I took it home. I gave the perfume to mummy.’  – David

On Tuesday, we went to the local flower shop.  We looked at the beautiful plants and flowers and chose some nice things to take back to class 1.  We bought two plants and a windmill.   The lady in the flower shop showed us a brochure with lots of pictures inside of flower gifts and bouquets.  On the way back to school, we passed by the church, there were lots of beautiful flowers for us to look at and smell. 

‘We went to the florist.  There are plants, flowers and windmills in the flower shop.’  – Lewis

‘We bought two plants and a purple windmill’. David

Class 1 are looking forward to fitness fortnight.  Please look at your fitness fortnight timetable at home to remind yourself of the different activities that you will take part in.

One thought on “Perfume Making in Class 1”

1. Hi Class 1,

I love flowers and I love perfume too. I can remember making perfume at my grannies when I was little with the petals that had fallen off of the roses in her garden. It sounds like you had great fun.

I’m looking forward to hearing more about your topic in the next few weeks.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson