P5D

It’s been a short week but we have still been busy!

We are really enjoying our Scottish topic and building on what we were learning about last week we have all produced an A5 mini poster showing a Scottish landmark or something traditionally Scottish. Here are some of our efforts –

by Rachel A  Scottish Thistle by Rachel.

Scottish things by Rebecca

The Scottish Flag and some Scottish words by Ray

The Loch Ness monster by Sophie

When we finished our mini posters we swapped them with a partner and had to give feedback about something we liked and something that could improve the poster.

In maths this week we have been learning about co-ordinates. Some of us are learning about quarter, half and whole turns while others are learning about identifying the position of an object on a co-ordinate grid. There’s also a group working on co-ordinates using the ‘x’ and ‘y’ axis.

Ava – Doing the co-ordinates was really fun and I think I am much better now.

Eve – At first I thought it might be hard but I had to refresh my memory of what I had learned before about co-ordinates and that helped me.

In music this week we have had lots of fun practising our song for the celebrating success event in school. We are focussing on dynamics and trying to use our voices to convey the emotive and rousing elements of the song.

Rebecca – I am finding it tricky to control my voice and not shout when I am singing the rousing bits.

Have a great weekend!

One thought on “P5D”

1. Hello to all in 5d,

I can see the Scottishness in your mini poster designs – lots of thistles, saltires and Nessy too. I’m looking forward to seeing your class song at Celebrating Success next week. I know you’ll enjoy the opportunity to be on stage in front of family and friends to perform.

Have a fun weekend,
    Mrs Spence