Mill Farm

Some of the children from class 1 and class 2 went to Mill Farm this week.   We had lots of fun exploring the oil museum.  Dylan especially enjoyed going into the coal mine!  It was really dark inside, and we got a sense of how life would have been for men who worked down in the coal mines.

We took a tractor ride around the farm and managed to spot some farm animals.  We saw cows, goats, sheep and pigs.  We listened carefully to Elaine as she told us all about one of the goslings on the farm.  A gosling is a baby goose.  We each had a turn of gently stroking the gosling.  It was very soft and fluffy!  Have a look at the eggs.  Do you know which egg is a chicken egg, and which egg is a goose egg?

‘I liked seeing the rabbits and the gosling.  The gosling did a poop and got Elaine’s trousers all muddy! Oh No said Elaine.’ David

We had great fun in the adventure zone!  The adults were very pleased with how everyone behaved and followed the Mill Farm timetable!  Thank you to Lewis’ mum who came with us to Mill Farm.

2 thoughts on “Mill Farm”

1. I have been to mill farm as well and I really like it. Mummy says we are going to get a membership this year as it is so much fun there.

2. I am so glad everyone had so much fun at Mill Farm. I had a fantastic day too. I was very impressed with how well behaved everyone was.
    My favourite part of the day was meeting the baby gosling because he was very cute.