Class 1 Search for the Loch Ness Monster!

Art and Design

Class 1 have been very busy creating Scotland themed art work.  We made a Loch Ness Monster collage and are in the process of making Loch Ness Monster clay models. 

Our home learning task was to write about our favourite things to do in Scotland.  We enjoyed discussing this in class and have been busy creating art work based on our favourite thing to do.  We selected our own materials and thought about the techniques that we would like to use. 

We have been learning to respond to the work of artists by discussing our thoughts and feelings.  We looked at lots of different paintings by Scottish artists.  Our favourite painting was Sore Finger by Vicky Mount.

David:

I see: A girl sitting on the wall.  Curtains and a dog.  She has got a plaster on her finger.  She has shoes on.

I think: She was falling down.  She is feeling disappointed because she was going to the hospital.  I think she lost the ball.

I feel: I love the painting.

Lewis

I see: I can see her finger cut.  A plaster on her finger and she is wearing a kilt.

I think: I think she has a sore finger.  That made her very sad because she cut her finger.  She eats Scottish food.  I think she needs a cuddle.  I think I will give a cuddle for her.

I feel: I feel happy because I like the painting.  I like to copy the little girl’s face.

We would like to know what your think of the painting.

http://www.minigallery.co.uk/Vicky_Mount/art50773/

Learning Across the Curriculum

As you know, class 1 have been learning about Scotland.  This week we have been learning about the Loch Ness Monster. 

We went on an underwater adventure, in search of the Loch Ness Monster!  We had to put on our wet suits, and then swim through the dark murky water.  Look what we found!

‘I go swimming to find the monster’.  Yolie

‘I had fun swimming and finding the Loch Ness Monster.  I think the Loch Ness Monster is pretend’.  Jayden

‘I think the Loch Ness Monster is real’.  Cameron

4 thoughts on “Class 1 Search for the Loch Ness Monster!”

1. Hi Class 1,

Your Loch Ness Monster underwater adventure looks like good fun. Was it scarey? I think the Sair Finger picture is very nice and it looks like the little girl is feeling quite sorry for herself:( Do you know that the dog ornament in the window is quite famous too and is called a Wally Dug? Lots of people used to have these in their houses. Have you ever seen one in someone’s house?

Keep up the good work, everyone and have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

1. Jayden – I thought it was not scary. I swim in the water.
      Cameron – We were swimming and looking for the Loch Ness Monster, I thought it was scary!