p5d

It’s the last blog of 2013!

We have had a good week in p5d learning about solids, liquids and gasses. We carried out lots of fun experiments. We are now able to identify and categorise solids, liquids and gasses using our knowledge of matter to help us. We did a fun activity where the class split into three groups and each group had to be a solid, liquid or gas and they had to travel around the room in their group. This really helped us to understand the properties of each state.

We made a potion using bicarbonate of soda, water and vinegar. Adding vinegar to bicarbonate of soda causes a chemical reaction to take place and produce carbon dioxide which made the mixture fizz up and over the container.

We had great fun learning in science!

We have finished our class novel, Billionaire Boy and eagerly await the choices for our next novel starting in January 2014.

We have used Christmas as a theme for our symmetry work in maths and everyone agrees it’s much more fun.

Well that’s it for our last week of term. I would like to say a huge thankyou to all the pupils for their hard work and I look forward to hearing all their stories of Christmas when they return in January.

Merry Christmas everyone !!

Mrs D

One thought on “p5d”

1. Hi Primary 5d,

Your science experiments sound very interesting and I’m glad that you all had good fun learning about solids, liquids and gases. The work on symmetry sounds much more fun when Christmas is involved. I’m looking forward to hearing what you choose as your class novel next term.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone. I hope Santa is good to you all.

Miss Henderson