It’s a Mystery in P1l

P1l are loving their ‘Mystery Box’.  Lucas, Joshua and Alfie all took the box home this week.  They put something from home inside the box and everyone else has to ask questions to find out what is hiding.  It is a lot of fun and it also helps us ask useful questions, listen to others and think carefully about what people are saying.

In maths this week we have started to look at the number facts for 2 and 3 and how adding sums can be somersaulted to make a new sum with the same answer.

Mrs Leamy asked us what we had improved this week and what we had learned and Enci had a great answer in that we had got better at tidying up!!

Today everyone got their own Book Bug bag from the Scottish Book Trust.  We have read the books in class and really enjoyed them.  On the 3rd December we have been invited to the library where we will hear the stories and then vote to see which one we like the best.  We hope you enjoy reading your books at home.

4 thoughts on “It’s a Mystery in P1l”

1. Hi Katie
      Thank you for your comment. This week we have had a lego car, shell, teddy and plastic figure from Ben 10.
      Hope you enjoy our blog.
      Bye Mrs Leamy

1. Hi Primary 1l,

Your Mystery Box sounds very interesting and is really helping you to learn about asking good questions. What a great question to ask, Katie as I was also thinking the same. I am very impressed with how well you are doing with your maths. Well done, everyone. Keep up the good work.

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Henderson

2. Hello 1l,

I am looking forward to some more work on time this week with you on Wednesday. I think our clock designs look great on the classroom wall and I was very impressed with how we drew the hands on the clock face to tell an o’clock time.

Mrs Spence