P5d

Hi everyone!

This has  been a great week in p5d.

Pupil of the week – Shaun H

MVP – Josh C

We are beginning our new topic Scottish Wars of Independence.

Here are a few  facts we have learned already –

1314 was the Battle of Bannockburn – Sam                                           

Margaret Maid of Norway was the grandaughter of King Alexander III -Sasha                                                                                                                

The Battle of Falkirk was in 1298 – Jordan

We had a super time when Daniel Duggan from Infectious Grooves visited our class. We learned all about the new drums that we have in school and had a great workshop.

We did body rhythm exercises to warm up.

Here we are learning to play a polyrhythm – that’s when you play one rhythm over another.

Maths-

Loop Card update – We have a new record !!!! 1 minute 6 seconds and we are ecstatic ! Mr Welsh you need to pay us a visit and see how good we are.

Language –

We have had great fun drawing pictures of Gangsta Granny and writing about the kind of character we think she has. We are a little sad that we are almost at the end of the book.

Surprise of the week – The class teacher of P5 Falla Hill commented on last weeks blog post!!

2 thoughts on “P5d”

1. I’d love to see your loop cards in maths – how about tomorrow just before I take your class?
    Mrs Drummond was very impressed with you all during your drumming workshop – I know that you’re going to be using them lots to help with your learning.

2. Hello 5d,

I enjoyed talking to you about your reading work on Billionaire Boy. I am intrigued by the fact that someone thought I was like Gangsta Granny because I had a tissue up my sleeve. Perhaps if I read the book I’d understand this. You certainly seem to be enjoying reading the books written by David Walliams. Maybe Ratburger next?

Mrs Spence