Freedom Fighting in P5m

This week, in our ‘Freedom?’ topic, we decided to stand up against King Edward and fight for our freedom. We chose to fight on foot alongside William Wallace. We felt confident with him because he was a brave fighter and a strong leader.  There was a huge battle at Stirling Bridge, a lot of blood was shed but we were victorious even though the English army was four times bigger than ours! Thanks for the tip from the future, Josh – we may not have survived the battle had we chosen to fight on horseback alongside Andrew Murray!

From the Blog Post Box:

This week I was proud of…..

…myself for winning so many gem points for the table.                  Craig

…the newspaper article I wrote about the Battle of Stirling Bridge. Ava

…the work I did on place value. We were exploring numbers up to 1,000,000!                       Emma C

…my handwriting because I did more than triple the amount I needed to do. I got to Step One with my Dojo points. I was very proud of myself this week.                 Cameron

…the effective headline I wrote. It got displayed on the wall.                        Abby

5 thoughts on “Freedom Fighting in P5m”

1. This is a great topic and I am learning a lot of facts from Charlie about the bloody and gruesome battle against the English – that I didn’t know already! All keep up the good work

2. I bet you are all enjoying making up your fact files. Cameron has picked William Wallace, I am not sure if he is going to paint his face blue and white though, like in Braveheart?!

3. Hello 5m,

I enjoyed being in to visit your classroom this morning. Your wall display about your topic is looking good. It sounds like you’ve been using your Blooms thinking hats for this work as well as for your blog interviews which you were working on today. I look forward to seeing these being filmed soon.

Mrs Spence

4. Lisa had great fun making up her fact file on William Wallace – he seems to have been a popular choice. Well done everyone.

Lisa’s mum