P1b’s Learning Log

This week in Primary One we have been exploring the sounds ‘m’ and ‘c’.  We have been learning where these sounds are made in our mouths.  We associate ‘m’ with the colour red because we make that sound with our lips.  ‘C’ is yellow because it comes from our throat and we need a torch to see!  We have been practising forming these letters in lots of different ways.  This includes using paint, plasticine, pipe cleaners and whiteboards.

We have enjoyed eating our lunch in the dinner and have quickly learned the routine.  Here are some of the things we have learned:

James-eat all your lunch.

Jaime-Lee- After you have eaten all of your lunch you can go out to play.

Mia- You need to line up to get a coloured band.

Denholm-You get coloured trays and you can eat a packed lunch there too.

4 thoughts on “P1b’s Learning Log”

1. Hi Miss Bollen and P1b,

I’m so glad that you have enjoyed eating your lunch in the dinner hall – I know that my class have enjoyed eating with you.

Maybe this week you could share some of your learning with your buddies during Buddy Time on Wednesday.

from,

Miss Anderson

2. Hi Primary 1b,

Well done on having a fantastic first full week in school. You are all doing so well and I’m very impressed with how quickly you have all settled in. The work you have been doing on sounds sounds very exciting. Keep up the good work.

Miss Henderson

3. Hi p1b
    I really enjoyed reading a story with you this week. Lots of you have passed me in the corridor since and have remembered to say ‘Hello Mrs Stewart’. Thank you for being so friendly.
    Your new sounds activities and learning sounds very fun.