P2B

We have had a lovely week in P2b as we have had a ‘Kindness’ focus. To start our week off we read the story “How Full Is Your Bucket?” by Tom Rath and Mary Reckmeyer. The story is about a little boy called Felix who finds out from his Grandpa that we each have an invisible bucket. When our bucket is full, we feel great. When our bucket is empty, we feel awful.  Felix finds out that the things people say and do can have an effect on his bucket. We quickly spotted that when people were kind and helpful to Felix, his bucket began to fill up and when people were mean and unkind, his bucket began to empty. Felix also realised that everything he said or did to other people filled or emptied their buckets too! We really enjoyed the story and this brought about lots of discussion on how to fill up invisible buckets in our class. We set ourselves a challenge to fill as many of our classmates buckets as we could! Here are some of the things we got up to…

Joseph – “I helped Ehan tidy up the wooden toys.”

Tiana – “I shared my pencils with people at my table.”

Sara – “I helped Eilidh find her Shopkin.”

Orlaith – “I helped my little sister get her doll.”

Ava – “I have been kind to Dionne when she was sad.”

We also made and designed our own buckets from plastic cups. These will be displayed in our classroom and we can hopefully fill them up with kind notes and messages to each other over the next few weeks.

In writing we retold the story using a storyboard. We tried very hard to put the story into the correct order whilst remembering capital letter, full stops and finger spaces.

In maths we have been jumping up and down the hundred square identifying numbers before, after and between by cutting, sticking and colouring in the squares.

Our Caterpillar Boogie show is coming along well and we are all very excited to perform it on 23rd March. We have been singing really well!! Please remember to return the Butterfly letters regarding facepaint as soon as possible. Thanks.

Pupil of the Week – Fearne – for writing a super acrostic poem on Scotland. Well done Fearne!!

3 thoughts on “P2B”

1. If I visit your class, I wonder if someone could tell me a little more about Felix and his bucket? It sounds like an interesting story with a good message for us all to think about.

2. I love Felix’s ‘bucket’ story. And it is so true – our buckets change every day! We are looking forward to Caterpillar Boogie in our house too!
    Esther’s mummy. Cx