A short week!

This week has been a short week but busy!
Luke did his class talk this week on Viking weapons.
‘I thought it was great’ Elliot
‘I liked his powerpoint’ Louie
‘I like the facts he had’ Jaime-Lee
‘I liked that he had notes to help him and didn’t look back at the powerpoint’ Dani
‘I think he made a lot of effort for it’ Ela.
In language we wrote about our trip to the Museum. We had to write in chronological order – the order that events happened. We had to write in the first person as it was about our trip and write in the past tense because it had already happened. We had to use time connectives to link our paragraphs together. We tried to use adjectives to describe the things we saw and what we did. This was the hardest part for lots of us!
In outdoor P.E. we are preparing for a Benchball festival. We are learning some ball skills and how to pass and receive the ball in spaces.
In Maths, we created symmetrical patterns for our partner to copy. Some of them were quite intricate and complicated. We also enjoyed playing this game about symmetry.
http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?a=activity19
In French we watched a song to learn about the French names for our family members. You might enjoy it too!

This morning Dani told us a bit about her diabetes. We watched a video about what diabetes is and what happens in the body of a diabetic. Dani explained about taking her bloods and her insulin. We hope that the class have a better understanding of her condition and why her monitoring is so important. Thanks, Dani.
Table of the week – 580 blue