P7b

We have had a busy first week back after the October holidays.  On Wednesday morning, we were lucky to participate in a judo taster session by Destination Judo.  We learned how to do the Ogoshi hip throw.  This is when you put one hand on the sleeve of your opponent and the other round their back.  You then turn your hip into them and throw them over your back.  We also learned the newaza. This is a move on your knees where you aim to get your opponent on their back.

For writing this week we wrote a story where we attempted to describe the setting and character as best as we could.  To do this, we used figurative language (similes, metaphors, personification, onomatopoeia & alliteration), adjectives, adverbs and the five senses.

‘I enjoyed writing the story because I would say writing is one of my strong points.’- David

‘I liked writing a Halloween themed story.’- Aaron

‘I’m excited to put my story on didbook so Mrs Dunbar and parents can see it.’- Meadow

‘I liked listening to other peoples’ stories.’ -Valerija

For art we made a diorama.  This showed the setting for our writing stories.  We used our descriptions to bring our settings to life!  They look fab in our classroom. 🙂

One thought on “P7b”