P1L – Week beginning 18th of May.

This week in phonics we used coloured sounds to spell keywords and completed cut and paste activities to help us learn new spellings.

Phonics c+p1

Phonics c+p2

In the afternoon, we played a temperature game of “Hot, hot, cold, cold” to guide people when looking for lost treasure. Ruby-Anne and Mia did very well searching high and low!

Treasure1

Treasure2

We were successful growing cress seeds in class so we completed a “Cress Plant Diary” to record all of the things we used.

Cressplant1

Cress plant2

We let our imaginations run wild with our P7 buddies this week when we thought about the question – “Where in the world would you like to go to see a rainbow?”.
We came up with some great ideas –
Cameron – “Morrisons because they have lots of Lego”.
Rory – “Australia because my Granny used to live there”.
Mia – “Houston, USA because my Nana lived there and I played in her pool”. (Mia’s buddy chose Japan).
Lucas – A farm on a starry night.
Alistair – “I like Glasgow because it has loads of Lego shops and it is a lovely city”.
Kyle – “McDonalds because I get a toy with a ‘Happy Meal’”.
Keilija – “Tesco because I can see a rainbow in the car park when I leave”.
Ruby – “I would like to go to Wonderworld because of the fun slide – I was there for a birthday with Brooke”.
Annie – “The little park, up the hill and past the nursery because it is always nice and sunny”.
Jamie – “I like Glasgow because it has lots of Lego shops”.
Liam – “The fire station at ‘Legoland’ because it has lots of fun things”. (Liam’s buddy chose Jamaica).
Charlotte – “I would choose Disneyland because Anna and Elsa would be there”.
Brandon – “I would choose Blackpool for the funfairs”. (Brandon’s buddy chose Japan).

Rainbow1

Bye for now from P1L. 
“Article 13 ¬– You have the right to find out things and share what you think with others, by talking, drawing and writing”.