Fruit Testing in Class O

002 (2)001

This week Class O were discussing foods that were healthy and unhealthy. We were investigating the food groups they belonged to and why they were important in our diet. We reaslised there was lots of fruit we hadn’t tried so decided to try them. We used our senses to help us learn about there tastes. We were smelling, touching, tasting and discussing what the fruits looked like. We used spinich, fig, passion fruit, tomato, kiwi, plum and nectarine in our test.

Cameron: In the fig there was too much seeds so I didn’t like it. However, the passion fruit also had a lot of seeds but I really liked it. In fact it was my favourite. It was very juicy.

Liam: I really liked spinich becasue it tasted yummy. I didn’t like any of the other fruits, but I was brave and smelt and licked a few. The passion fruit had a very strong smell and comes in a hard shell to protect the soft fuit inside. It smelt nice. The fig was squashy.

Callum: I did not try any of the fruits. They had strong smells that put me off trying them. I have been trying hard to taste new foods at snack to help me make more healthy choices.

Jamie: I tried all the fruits. This was the first time I had tried passion fruit, fig and spinich. They were nice and I would definately have them again. My favourite was the passion fruit becasue it was juicy.

Yolie: I tried some of the fruits. I liked spinich and kiwi. I tried passion fruit and it was tasty. I did not try tomato, plum, fig or nectarine becasue I did not like the smell of them.

Cody: I liked the plum becasue it looked nice, smelt nice and tasted nice. I had actually tried it before so I knew I liked it. I find it hard to try new foods becasue sometimes they don’t smell very nice and this puts me off eating them. However, I was very brave and smelt the tomato and tasted the kiwi. It tasted a bit like coconut but without the milk.