The Rainbow Fish

We have been reading some lovely stories in Primary 1 about being a good friend and the qualities that you need. This week we were reading the story of “The Rainbow Fish”.

First, we read the story and met a reading character called Charlie Choose. Charlie Choose asks you to think about the things that you like about the story and the things that you didn’t like in the story.

Next, we had to put the story in the right after Steven Story asked us what happened in the beginning, the middle and the end. We all did fantastic at this task!

We also made beautiful pictures of The Rainbow Fish in Art when we used different materials to glue onto it.

Finally, in our writing this week we talked about our favourite part of the story. Here are some of our favourite parts of the story:
Ehan – When he gave his scales to the other fish
Teigan – When he was a really good friend to others
Lily – I liked it when he was talking to the octopus and the starfish
Kyle – I liked it also when he spoke to the octopus

Star Writers this week:
-Ehan
-Isla
-Lois
-Luis
-Rosie

Pupil of the week: Ehan for trying his best to add tricky words into his writing.

*Article 29: We have the right to showcase our talents and abilities*
*Article 28: We have the right to an education*

2 thoughts on “The Rainbow Fish”

1. Hello P1A

A big well done to Ehan for being Pupil of the Week, it sounds like he has worked very hard. I love the story of the Rainbow Fish, especially at the end when he has lots of friends. I hope you are all enjoying making new friends in P1. Maybe next time l see you all l can see some of your beautiful pictures.

Bye

Mrs Leamy

2. I have had fun with my new friends in class this week. My mum and dad were really proud to see that I got star writer this week. The rainbow fish was a good story and I enjoyed hearing it.

Lois. X